This is the perfect Fall treat. Packed with flavor, protein and spices, this nutritious treat is gluten and dairy-free.
Prep Time: 10 min. Makes 20 bites.
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- 3/4 cup gluten-free organic rolled oats (not quick oats or instant oatmeal)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- dash sea salt (or to taste)
- cacao powder, ground almonds or shredded unsweetened coconut for rolling
1. Pulse the oatmeal, almonds, and cacao nibs in a food processor until the size of small crumbs.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well-combined and mixture holds its shape when pressed together. Do not over-process.
3. Roll the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. If desired, roll the finished bites in organic cacao powder, unsweetened shredded coconut or ground almonds.
4. Transfer to fridge to chill completely, then enjoy:) Store in refrigerator for up to one week.
If you make these, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or let me know in class how you like them!
Maria McKendry, PT